Kumi Consulting Ltd. (Kumi) is a sustainability consultancy solely committed to responsible sourcing. We aim to create a workforce that is diverse and allows everyone to thrive, no matter their background or characteristics.
We will not discriminate on the ground of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership or pregnancy and maternity (the protected characteristics). Kumi opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Kumi bases recruitment, promotion or anything of this nature on an individual’s own capability and potential and ensures that protected characteristics are not taken into account when assessing a person’s suitability.
We are committed to living by our values and to create a workplace that is free of discrimination and prejudice, allowing everyone to bring their authentic selves to work and treating everyone fairly and with respect. We recognise cultural differences and sensitivities and are committed to identify, remove or mitigate disadvantages to underrepresented groups.
To implement our commitments, we will:
• Clearly communicate this policy and the values by which we want to work both internally and externally
• Make sure reasonable adjustments are made, as appropriate, to enable employees with disabilities or additional needs to overcome barriers in the working, learning and social environment
• Ensure that employees are provided with appropriate training so that they feel confident to discuss diversity and inclusion issues and raise concerns
• Ensure there are channels by which concerns and grievances can be raised are communicated clearly to employees
• Deal with potential and actual acts of discrimination, harassment and bullying with appropriate action
Everyone working at Kumi is responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented. The policy is overseen by our Managing Director and Operations Director.